Big Lots is a unique, non-traditional, discount retailer operating 1,495 Big Lots stores in 48 states with product assortments in the merchandise categories of Food, Consumables, Furniture & Home Décor, Seasonal, Soft Home, Hard Home, and Electronics & Accessories. We are committed to providing amazing values every day.
How Teenagers Can Apply at Big Lots
With all the resources out there on the internet, finding job listings at Big Lots can be a confusing process. That’s why we’ve partnered with the largest job search provider available on the internet to get you the most up-to-date list of jobs at Big Lots and other companies we think you may be interested in. Click below to view jobs at Big Lots and other similar jobs in your area.
Is Big Lots Good to Work For?
Positions For Teens at Big Lots
Assistant Store Manager (Estimated Wage: $32k-$57k/Year)
Primarily responsible for all customer service, furniture, cashiering, and recovery-related functions and is accountable for customer service and operational standards within the store. Leads, directs, and actively participates in all customer facing and service aspects of the store, including furniture operations, ad sets, customer carry outs, and signage. Leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, when serving as the Manager on Duty. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Leads and directs all cashiering, front end, furniture operations, and recovery functions.
2. Leads and supervises the Service and Furniture Sales Teams in the store.
3. Responsible for all activities related to the achievement of customer service standards, training, scheduling, and day-to-day operational tasks, including recovery and merchandising preparation.
4. Leads and supervises all furniture department operations, including furniture sales and sales processes, Lease to Purchase, Price Holds, and furniture department merchandising and presentation standards.
5. Establishes plans to accomplish store initiatives and achieve defined goals.
6. Utilizes company tools, reports and feedback to effectively analyze trends and refine plans.
7. Ensures that price changes and signage are correctly reflected on sales floor.
8. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of associates in collaboration with the store leadership.
9. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
10. Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily and weekly basis.
11. Serves in Manager on Duty role as needed including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issue.
Store Associates (Estimated Wage: $8-$11/Hour)
Performs general store operations duties as directed, including cashiering, truck unloading, stocking and merchandising recovery.
1. Greets customers and assists them as required to maintain the highest level of customer service.
2. Participates in: – freight flow process – merchandise presentation and recovery – cashiering including customer loyalty program – furniture department operations – carry-outs – cart retrieval.
3. Maintains appearance of the store’s interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
4. Assists in control of shrink and safety results.