Espresso was first introduced to the world by an inventor named Luigi Bezzera. The idea of making coffee with the pressure of steam came from a passion that this Milanese genius had for both of these topics. Today, you can thank him for the delicious beverage we all know and love, as well as the emergence of some of the best home espresso machines
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Once you review and decide to invest in the best breville espresso machine, you want one that is going to provide you with the quality taste you would get at that of a café. After establishing a budget, our Breville review should make choosing the right machine an easy process.
- 1 Breville Espresso Machines
- 2 Best Breville Espresso Machine
- 2.1 1. Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 2.2 Product Features
- 2.3 2. Breville Oracle Espresso Machine
- 2.4 Product Features
- 2.5 3. Breville Infuser Espresso Machine
- 2.6 Product Features
- 2.7 4. Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine
- 2.8 Product Features
- 2.9 5. Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
- 2.10 Product Features
- 2.11 6. Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
- 2.12 Product Features
- 2.13 7. Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Machine
- 2.14 Product Features
- 3 Breville Espresso Machine Review Verdict
- 4 FAQs
Breville Espresso Machines
There are other espresso machines on the market, so why choose Breville? There are many great reasons to go with this well known brand that is synonymous with great beverages, but here are a few more reasons:
- Guaranteed limited one-year warranty on all of their products gives you peace of mind
- Knowledgeable and friendly customer service agents are available seven days a week to answer any questions you may have
- User friendly machines are easy for anyone to use, from beginner to espresso connoisseur
- Quality machines offer durability, beautiful looks with stainless steel, and are easy to clean
- Perfect cup of coffee every time
Before getting into our Breville espresso machine reviews, let’s talk about some of the features that Breville instills in all of its products to ensure quality control and customer satisfaction.
✅ You may wonder why temperature gauging and holding up to 22g of coffee is a big deal, but there is a good reason to look for those features in an espresso machine. Luckily, these are both features that most Breville espresso machines have, as well as being very user friendly so you can begin your espresso journey at home with ease.
✅ You may also read about PID control, which stands for Proportional-Integral-Derivative. The PID control is something that Breville incorporates in their machines to manage the temperature of the extraction. Stabilizing the temperature is important to making great espresso because when the temperature isn’t stable, it will cause over-extracted grounds or under-extracted grounds.
✅ Breville machines hold up to 22g of coffee grounds, which means that you will get to enjoy a more full body and rich espresso. You are able to adjust the amount of coffee you use, but the less you use, the weaker the brew.
✅ The Breville names are known for durability and are typically made of stainless steel for the outer make-up of the machine, but many of the inner workings as well, making the machine last longer. Owning a Breville espresso machine means that you will have a great quality product for many years to come. With a wide range of espresso makers from low to high price point, you will find what you are looking for.
Best Breville Espresso Machine
Now that you know why you should buy the Breville brand, all that’s left is deciding which of these is the best Breville espresso machine for you.
1. Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is a great machine that provides the immaculate taste that the Breville brand is famous for, and at a great price to boot. This model doesn’t have all of the automatic features that some machines do, but it’s still a great product and made with a durable stainless steel shell.
There is a built-in conical burr grinder in the Breville Barista Express that enables you to only grind as much as you need to put in the portafilter, depending on your taste. If you don’t like the settings that come standard for the shots, you can grind the ideal amount for you to control exactly the right amount into each shot.
Your espresso will be pre-infused with the 9-bar extraction method and temperature control keeps the thermocoil heating at a premium for even strength and flavor. There is an outlet dedicated to hot water with abundant steam pressure and both single and dual wall filters for a cafe quality beverage.
Use the Breville Barista Express’ outstanding micro-foam frother to generate a rich, smooth texture for your latte or cappuccinos. The only thing that you won’t have that you can get at a cafe is the barista serving it to you, but this machine makes it almost as easy. If you still aren’t convinced, check out our Breville Barista Express Review instead.
Conical Grinder: A conical burr grinder is built-in so that you can grind the specific amount that you need to go into the portafilter. Adjust the grind size and amount you use to suit your specific taste.
Thermocoil Heating: The Barista Express boasts a thermocoil system that heats with a spiral aluminum coil wrapped around a tube made of stainless steel. The heating system speeds up heading time and produces great taste.
Micro-Foam: The unmatched Breville micro-foam milk frothing is unlike any other brand. A steam want lets you texture the micro-foam by hand using milk to enhance the flavor and allows you to create latte art, if you desire.
Volumetric Controls: Set your shot volume to your own customization if the preset shots aren’t to your liking. Pre-infusion using low pressure increases the pressure gradually at the beginning for even extraction and bolder taste.
- Grinding performance of the conical burr grinder is great and it is easy to wash
- The frother adds a tasty topping to your espresso and works amazing every time
- The pressure gauge helps make this espresso machine top quality
- Comes with add-ons and extras that you could want in your espresso machine
- Some parts of this machine are made from plastic, such as the water tank, and the sides and top of the machine
- Needs frequent maintenance or the machine become noisy
- One of the larger home espresso machines so make sure you have nearly 3 feet of space
- The dispenser for hot water isn’t always reliable
View Latest Price →
2. Breville Oracle Espresso Machine
The Breville Oracle espresso machine is stainless steel a high-quality machine with outstanding features. It produces such quality coffee as you might enjoy in a quaint Italian cafe. The unique feature of this semi-automatic espresso machine is that is is also automatic, allowing you to do little and sit back and enjoy, or add a bit more pizazz to your espresso by adding your own touches and flavoring.
Other features of the Breville Oracle espresso machine include automatic grinding, coffee dosing, milk texturing and tamping, eliminating the difficulty of the most challenging part of making the perfect cup of espresso. This machine creates a rich, frothy drink with little effort but enormous reward. Still not convinced? Check out our Breville Oracle review.
Automatic grinder and Tamping: built-it conical burr grinder will automatically grind and portion your beans, and tamp up to 22g of coffee to the portafilter.
Exact espresso extraction: Adjust the strength of your coffee and temperature for your specific taste.
Cafe quality: Comes with a professional quality self-cleaning steam wand that adds texture to your milk any way you like. Add foam atop your espresso, just like a barista would, to add flavor and flare. Adjustable temperature allows you to have your milk at exactly the temperature you desire.
- Makes perfect lattes with ease
- Self-cleaning steam wand allows for easy clean-up
- Steams milk exactly the way you want it every time
- Milk frother will become clogged without frequent cleaning
- Some parts are made of cheaper plastic and may break easily
View Latest Price →
3. Breville Infuser Espresso Machine
The Breville Infuser produces rich espresso every time. This top quality Breville Infuser uses low pressure pre-infusion to extract the coffee using low but steady water pressure, before it gradually increases to full pressure to create a delicious espresso with a perfect flavor balance.
For a rich and full bodied espresso with layers of aromatic flavors, use the recommended amount of freshly ground coffee – 19 – 22 g. Using any less coffee with produce a weak, watery coffee that will fail to tantalize your taste buds.
Your coffee will have a perfect balance of nuances and hidden notes of flavor with digitally controlled temperature for perfect coffee extraction. Make the perfect cup every time with simple touch screen options that will do all the work for you and can be pre programmed.
With the Breville Infuser, you will get a savoury, creamy texture with foamed milk that will hit your taste buds with thousands of tiny, perfect microfoam milk. This automatic machine makes it easy to use single or double espresso shots for your beverage. For a deeper dive into why we love this machine, be sure to check out our Breville Infuser review.
Some features that are included that are unique to the Breville Infuser are a steel jug to froth and a plastic insert that minimizes heat loss while brewing. This machine also has volumetric control and preset options, shot volume control, espresso gauges to balance the coffee grind as well as water pressure, and a safety auto-sleep mode that will shut off the appliance if left on for more than three hours and digital temperature control.
Automatic Purge: The heating system automatically purges after the steaming process ensures your espresso is at the perfect extraction temperature.
Precise espresso extraction: By using a low-pressure infusion before the high pressure water, allows the flavor of the beans to unfold and be drawn out.
Micro-foam texturing: High-power steam creates micro-foam that enriches the taste and allows you to dabble in latte designs.
Maintenance Gauge: The machine has an indication that tells you when the machine needs to be cleaned.
- Easily make a great cappuccino or espresso with a smooth and rich taste
- Very user friendly
- Able to grind and tamp for better tasting, fresher coffee
- Easy to clean
- You are unable to brew and steam at the same time which makes it time consuming for serving more than one person
- The purge feature is great but may begin too soon
View Latest Price →
4. Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine
The Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine has a quick 3-second start-up time for making espresso and for steaming milk. The automatic microfoam texturing and steam wand allow you to create a texture that is exactly to your liking, and at a temperature you prefer.
Not only does the Breville Bambino Plus leave a low-impact footprint, it provides barista style performance with a full-body and rich taste when using 19g for optimal flavor. With the incredibly quick start-up time, you are not only helping to save the environment, but you will get to taste the delicious coffee even sooner. Made with stainless steel so it is durable.
If you are looking for a cheaper model that is capable of putting out excellent quality espresso, this is the model for you. If you still aren’t convinced, read our Breville Bambino Plus review to decide for yourself.
Quick heating time: A 3-second heat up time allows for optimal extraction of flavor quicker than other machines giving you delicious coffee with no wait.
19g for full body taste: Create a full bodied and balanced taste using the optimal amount of coffee. By using 19g, you are ensuring you will get full body aroma and coffee like you would get at a cafe.
Pre-Infusion: Using low-pressure pre-infusion that gradually adds pressure to help draw the flavors out of the coffee grounds, ensure you are getting a fully balanced espresso.
Foam Texturing: Automatic foam milk texturing using a steam wand allows you change the temperature of the milk and create a texture that you desire. The creamy texture on the top of your coffee will give you a smooth, thick initial taste with sharp brewed coffee right beneath the surface.
- Great for someone who has little space
- Heats up quickly and is very easy to use
- Can fit larger mugs, not just espresso cups
- Easily frothing with the automatic steaming wand
- The portafilter isn’t the best quality and tends to get stuck
- Drip tray is small and needs constant cleaning so it doesn’t overflow
- It does not come with grinder, measuring tools or scales
View Latest Price →
5. Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
The stainless steel Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine has all the features you would expect of a higher priced machine, but for much less. The 15-bar pump begins with a lower pressure to saturate and release the flavor of the coffee beans before it increases pressure gradually to begin extraction.
The Breville duo temp pro gives you the option of extracting a single shot of espresso or two shots at one time, and at different temperatures. There are also two baskets for use with either pre-ground beans or freshly ground coffee. It allows you to make froth with the micro-foaming feature for lattes and cappuccinos.
With thermacoil heating and indicators that let you know when you should do maintenance, this compact machine is perfect for any home and worth every bit that this mid-range price machine costs.
Optimal Espresso Extraction: Pre-infusion to optimize extraction temperature by beginning with low pressure to help release the flavors of the beans is followed by the higher pressure that brings a rich flavor to every balanced cup.
Micro-foam: Micro-foaming creates thick foam with high pressure steam, enhancing the flavor and allowing you to create beautiful art on your latte.
Maintenance Reminders: The Breville machine has indicators that let you know when you need to do cleaning or empty your drip tray, making maintenance routine and low-key.
Auto-Purge: This machine features auto-purge after steaming to ensure your next drink is made and flavor is extracted at the perfect temperature.
- Make an espresso shot easily with steamed froth
- The machine is easy to use with controls that are straight forward
- High-quality, stainless steel machine with outstanding features at a great price
- You can manually set the temperature or set it up to be pre-programmed
- Coffee may not be a ‘clean’ as with other machines without a 3-way solenoid valve
- Needs maintenance often so dual wall filter does not become clogged after weeks of use
- Makes a substantial amount of noise when you are using it
- Cup warmer is plastic so it is not as effective as a metal one would be
View Latest Price →
6. Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
The Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is loaded with cafe performance and features, but with the size and footprint fit for a home. Your espresso will be made perfectly and with a stainless steel out shell, it is durable.
There is an espresso boiler for the shot of espresso that is temperature controlled with a completely separate boiler that allows you to have steam whenever you want it. You will always be able to extract your coffee at exactly the perfect temperature, giving you deep flavor, while steaming at the same time.
In the group head of this semi-automatic espresso maker is an added element that keeps everything at a steady temperature. The dual boiler also has an OPV feature (Over Pressure Valve) that keeps the pressure from reaching maximum so flavor is extracted without tasting bitter.
The Breville Dual Boiler Espresso machine is a versatile coffee maker. User-friendly with a setting that tells the machine to start at a selected time. Other programmable features include brew temperature, duration, and pre-infusion pressure. Despite all of these features that make the espresso machine so amazing, it is extremely user-friendly and is a decent price point.
Precise extraction: The group head and dual boiler are controlled digitally and bring the water to a perfect temperature to extract flavor to ensure maximum flavor.
Micro-foam: The steam wand that is powered by the boiler gives the micro-foam the delicious and creamy texture that is synonymous with restaurant machines, and produces beautiful art on your latte.
LCD display: The LCD display makes programming your espresso machine easy, and allows you to set a timer to extract shots.
Flexible shots: You can set up whether you want one shot or two for a perfect cup of coffee.
- Has all of the features one would need to make amazing espresso at home and for a great price
- Auto-start allows you the convenience of making coffee whenever you want and however you want
- The smooth level creates an abundant amount of steam
- You will get an alert when the water tank is nearing empty
- If you have a small kitchen, you may want to rethink this model as it takes up a lot of space
- A lot of effort is needed to repair the portafilter
- The machine hisses when it is using steam
- Some parts may not last long as they are made of cheaper material
View Latest Price →
7. Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Machine
The Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Machine is a great choice for the person who is just beginning to make their own espressos at home. It has a 15-bar pump that produces adequate pressure for extraction and produces crema for an aromatic and rich taste.
There is a built-in steaming wand that allows you to make lattes, cappuccinos, and other beverages that are milk-based. The Breville Cafe Roma espresso machine has Thermoblock heating that extracts espresso at just the right water temperature and adjusts the temperature of the water between the steps of extracting from the beans and frothing. This semi-automatic espresso maker would make a great addition to the coffee lover’s home.
Coffee shop espresso: The 15-bar pressure allows for accurate water temperature control for a dink that tastes like you have just stepped out of a cafe,
Accessories: Comes with ample supplies, such as single and double filters for the pods and a combination measuring spoon and coffee tamper.
Selective control: Simple manual controls allow you to choose espresso while extracting flavor or steam for texturing froth.
Steam power: This model has high steam power for creamy, smooth and thick creamy texture with a 16 oz frothing jug included.
- Beautifully crafted machine, made of stainless steel
- The froth on this machine delivers with the enhances that comes with it
- Great price for an espresso machine with several features
- When the water tank level is low, there is an indicator that sends a signal to let you know
- This espresso machine comes with a filter that is compatible with pods
- This machine doesn’t create as much pressure as is needed to create substantial foam
- You can only use espresso cups with this machine, no other cups will work
- Only a small amount of milk can be frothed and it needs to be done manually
- When the steaming wand it turned on, it makes noise
- Does not come with a burr grinder
View Latest Price →
Breville Espresso Machine Review Verdict
There you have reviews of the best Breville espresso machines, running from automated to manual, but all with the warranty, backing and sturdy construction that comes with buying a Breville product.
The cream of the espresso, so to speak, goes to the Breville Barista Express Espresso machine for the automatic purge, extraction of espresso, micro-foaming, and the cleaning gauge, along with temperature control and how easy this machine is to use, make it the top pick for best Breville espresso machine.
When you are looking for a quality espresso machine, you will find quality in both the make of the machine, as well as the production of the beverage. The Breville brand is made to last, and has their backing behind every product, no matter the cost. If you are looking to make delicious, cafe style coffee in the comfort of your pajamas, then you would do well to buy any one of these Breville espresso machines.
Here are some commonly asked questions about Breville espresso makers:
Why buy a Breville espresso machine?
Breville espresso machines come with a one-year warranty and as a company, stand by their products and strive for customer satisfaction. Purchasing a product by Breville is a safe bet with any one of their quality, stainless steel automatic or semi-automatic espresso machine.
Should you buy a Breville espresso machine?
Anyone who enjoys espresso and loves to drink it on a regular basis will absolutely do well with an espresso machine. It will not only enable you to drink your beverage in the comfort of your own home, but it will undoubtedly save you money.
How long will a Breville espresso maker last?
On average, and from several reviews, the Breville espresso machine should last anywhere from 5 – 10 years, depending on whether or not the machine is taken care of properly. With regular cleaning and maintenance, your espresso machine will last for years to come.